Wednesday 24 May 2006

WanderingScribe - The Truth.

I finally think I have figured it out - there is no wandering scribe, well actually there are a number of different wandering scribes. I believe that this is actually a scam/hoax/experiment orchestrated by the BBC in collusion with the New York Times; that the voice on the NYT web site is that of an actress and that the blogs have been written by BBC scriptwriters.

I noticed that my Site Meter had been registering a number of hits from locations in the Lambeth area (including some from the BBC itself - the hits were spread round different establishments because presumably too many hits from the BBC would be too obvious). The person/s from the BBC checked only the blogs I posted relating specifically to wandering scribe and then they moved on to blogs of people who had posted comments concerning those particular blogs.


Also did nobody else find it strange that DitchMonkey only mentioned WS once in his blog on 3rd April (I am not counting the lengthy blog that she posted on his site on 6th Feb.) and nowhere has he mentioned the meeting that was supposed to have taken place between him and WS. I am sure there was a second blog where he mentioned her by name (Anya Peters) and that she had emailed him to say she had been mentioned on the front page of the New York Times but I cannot find that anymore no matter how much I search. If he had been communicating with her via email would we not have had a progress report from him at some point?

Here is something else that is strange - a search in http://wanderingscribe.blogspot.com produced this entry

Ditchmonkey

12 Feb 2006 by WanderingScribe

A guy called Hugh Sawyer, who has a blog here under the name of Ditchmonkey (ODM). Because I was stunned that someone else was 'choosing' to be homeless for a year, and intrigued, I emailed him. We met and kept in contact by email and ...

... and clicking on the link for this entry comes up with this result

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

... but there is an entry


Thursday, February 09, 2006

The man in the woods

In November I read, in an article in The Observer, about someone else living in the woods. A man ... somewhere in Oxfordshire. He is doing it for a year, to raise money for charity. And at the same time he continues his daily commute to work in London. A guy called Hugh (DM), who also has a blog. Because I was stunned that someone else was 'choosing' to be homeless for a year, and intrigued, I emailed him. We met and kept in contact by email