Wednesday 10 May 2006

BBC, Wandering Scribe and statistics.

I have been sitting here having a look at my site meter statistics and to my surprise I find that someone from the BBC has been paying a visit. The blogs they have been interested in are those relating to our dear friend Wandering Scribe. Now what do you suppose that means? Are they trawling the internet to see how much interest has been generated by the BBC and New York Times' reports? Are they going to do a follow up piece? (Better get my good suit out of cold storage - just in case). Perhaps you would like to comment Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms BBC person? ... or perhaps it was just somebody idling away a bit of time during office hours (tut tut naughty boy/girl better watch you don't get into trouble.
It is really amazing what the site meter shows, people have been logging in from all over the world - Canada, France, Hong Kong, Singapore, Fife, Portugal, Taiwan, Israel and even Belfast (I can even tell you what your monitor resolution is). I hope this doesn't put you off visiting again - to put your mind at ease it does not give me your address nor telephone number (but we're working on that :-) ).

Here's a fascinating graph of last week's visits :-
fascinating that there was a massive peak on Thursday. Now what do you suppose caused that? I must generate some more publicity because the visits have really dropped off. Can't have WS grabbing all the glory round here, now can we? We would have to rename her Wandering Star (I know.... terrible humour). So tell your friends, get them to visit - and for every blog they read they get another one FREE!!!