Sunday 14 May 2006

Blogs, graffiti and Big Brother

I have finally realised why blogs like WanderingScribe are so popular, it's because of programs like Big Brother which created an audience for reality shows. We now have the Reality Blog and we have the equivalent of the crowd that turns up on eviction night to boo the contestants in the commenters who frequent the blog just to post negative or abusive comments. Many blog readers now expect bloggers to perform for them and get very annoyed and abusive if we don't dance to their tune. Unfortunately we also attract the same type of idiot who takes a can of paint and sprays walls with mindless graffiti - I have had a couple of posters who get some perverse kick out of constantly posting the same abusive comment, which I have had to waste time removing. You would think that the moron who calls himself wanderingscribe would be able to spell fenian correctly, especially since it's there in large print on the screen in front of him, but no: according to him I am now a feinian c!*t ( well I suppose that's progress of a sort). Another queries whether or not I am a real doctor - again a bit of Googling would have given him the answer to that a long time ago. Instead he would rather be abusive and if I was a doctor possibly offensive. ( I suppose a doctor would be offended at being described as a quack). Then we get others who tend to post not threatening but menacing comments because we have the audacity to post a link to a BBC news item concerning certain local politicians. Perhaps it was the comment that annoyed them but I will never know because the only way they can express themselves is by posting the same abusive, mindless comments that they paint on walls. Well I now have the satisfaction of revelling in their frustration at no longer being able to post their filth here. While people like WanderingScribe (the genuine one that is) waste their time moderating their comments I have decided to switch mine off. I have better things to do with my time than waste it going round cleaning up after these idiots.
As for blog content - these are our blogs and we will post what we want and if that isn't what some people want then tough! Go read something else. It costs nothing (the same way it costs nothing to be civil) so I don't understand why people feel they have to be less than civil if they don't like what they read.