Wednesday 20 September 2006

Tucson Bus Shelter

I took this photo of a very arty bus shelter when I was visiting Tucson during 2001. The seat is the rear of a Chevrolet (or something similar) and cherubs are holding a sheet from four palm trees to form a canopy. There are a number of other similarly artistic bus shelters in Tucson - one of which was made of bicycle parts.
This one is close to the Road Runner Hostel (hi everybody, I had a great time there) which, prior to conversion, was once the home of the deputy sheriff of Tucson, famed for his capture of bank-robber John Dillinger.

I have not been able to find any information or other photos on the web about these shelters and I have had to take a digital photo of my 35mm print, which is why the quality is not so good. So if anybody has any information or knows of a website with more information please let me know, Thank You.