Sunday 24 August 2008

Gleann Cholm Cille

Here I am back home again
I'm here to rest
all they ask is where I've been
knowing I've been west ....
Sunset at Gleann Cholm Cille.
Hi, just back from a week's holiday in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland - Gleann Cholm Cille in County Donegal - in an amazing cottage owned by Eunan and Jackie McIntyre. While the rest of Ireland appeared to be under 20 feet of flood water we had a great time, even managing to spend time on the beach in glorious sunshine. We did see rain but it seemed to be mostly at night and, I think, the first time I have ever seen horizontal rain.
Eunan & Jackie's cottage (the one with the Megane parked outside) and part of the fantastic scenery.

The cottage from the rear at sunset.

Early morning on Glen Strand.

The view from the front of the cottage.