Tuesday 18 July 2006

50 albums that changed music

Fifty years old this month, the album chart has tracked the history of pop. But only a select few records have actually altered the course of music. To mark the anniversary, Kitty Empire pays tribute to a sublime art form, and our panel of critics argues for 50 albums that caused a revolution. To see the 50, click here

Guardian Unlimited


Well I was reading and thinking ' some cracker albums here...' but then they had to ruin it all at no.21 -- The Spice Girls! --- you cannot be serious! 'Tell you what I want, what I really really want, Tell you what I want, what I really really want, what I really really want, what I really really want,' - what I really really want is for the Spice Girls to be obliterated forever from the annuls of pop music. I mean what sort of rubbish is that? UTTER DRIVEL is what it is, it really really is, that's what it really really is.