Saturday 23 September 2006

Jean Béraud


Jean Béraud - The wait.

Let's see how imaginative you can be ....
How about a brief scenario of what the image conjures up for you.

The Wait

by Sandy Jones

In anticipation I wait for the end
of our time
Together.

When I am no longer plagued
by these feelings
Within me.

When your eyes no longer hold
mine captive
Reluctantly.

And your face no longer haunts
my dreams.

In anticipation I wait for my life
to be my own
Again.

When I stop struggling to catch
a glimpse of you
Everywhere.

When my heart can rest from its
pounding
At the sight of you.

And your touch no longer thrills me
into ecstasy.


Jean Béraud (January 12, 1849 Saint Petersburg - October 4, 1935 Paris) was a French painter.

His father was a sculptor and was probably working on the site of St Isaac's Cathedral when Jean was born. The young Béraud, a student of Léon Bonnat, exhibited his paintings at the Salon for the first time in 1872, but he only gained some recognition in 1876, with his On the Way Back from the Funeral. He exhibited with the Society of French Watercolorists at the 1889 World's Fair in Paris. He painted many scenes of Parisian daily life during the Belle Époque in a style that stands somewhere between the academic art of the Salon and that of the Impressionists. He received the Légion d'honneur in 1894.

Jean Béraud died in Paris in 1935 and was buried in Montparnasse cemetery.