Saturday 11 August 2007

Missing Kids

Somebody left me a message about a non profit way to help find missing children - I must admit my first reaction was of doubt but I quickly realised that this was a CNN News report so must be genuine. They say 'The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has launched a 21st century take on milk carton advertising: a downloadable computer screensaver that flips through photographs of missing kids'. For more information read the FAQ.



I have had a look and think this is a great idea - sadly it only applies to the USA but perhaps in time it will be extended world-wide. Anybody who wants a copy of the screensaver click here:
My thanks to the person who brought this to my attention - I hope anybody who reads this will also spread the news to their friends, family and colleagues. PLEASE DO.
I am also relieved to find the message thing actually does work.
Update on my message board: I have it on good authority that this screen saver will be available world-wide. So, as soon as it is, I hope everybody will download it and set it as their default.