Tuesday 1 January 2008

Fish awhile

Hi everybody, I hope you had a better christmas than I did, having spent a lot of it between the bedroom and the bathroom. Managed to catch one of those stomache bugs which I couldn't get rid of for ages - hopefully I'm fully recovered now - if the amount I have been eating is any indication then I would say I'm 100%, thankfully.
Today we decided to go for a bit of a stroll to work off some of the culinary excesses and took ourselves over to the other side of the Lough into County Down and down to Bangor, where it was surprisingly mild. As we walked along the coastal path (just past Pickie) we spotted what, at first glance, appeared to be a commemorative plaque set into the rocks but on further investigation turned out to be a piece of prose by some elegiac angler. Some of you may consider taking his advice.