Friday 5 January 2007

Boriska, indigo boy from Mars

This is a report that appeared in the Russian newspaper, Pravda, in October 2005 - so how come we never heard about this? I assume it is a genuine report and not a spoof - I don't think Pravda is the type of paper to publish spoofs.

The unusual baby boy was born in the town of Volzhsky, the Volgograd region of Russia. His mother, Nadezhda Kipriyanovich, gave birth to her son one fine morning. “It all happened so fast, I did not even feel any pain. When they showed the baby to me, the boy was looking at me with a grown-up look. As a pediatrician I know that newborns cannot concentrate looks on anything. However, my little baby was staring at me with his big brown eyes. Brushing that fact aside, he was a usual little baby, like all other kids,” the boy's mother said.

When the mother and her son returned home from the maternity hospital, the woman started noticing very curious things about her little son. The boy, whom the mother named Boris, hardly ever cried and never suffered from any ailments. He was growing up like all other children, but he started speaking whole phrases at the age of eight months. The parents gave the baby a meccano, and the boy started making geometrically correct figures from it, combining different parts with precision. “I had a very weird feeling that we were like aliens to him, with whom he was trying to establish a contact,” the boy's mother said.

More....