Friday 1 December 2006

Noel Edmonds 'picks up' a woman contestant

Ananova:
Noel Edmonds reportedly used TV quiz Deal Or No Deal to pick up a woman contestant.

Noel, 57, took Kelly Napper, 27, on a weekend away after sending her a card asking for a date during filming.

The Daily Mirror says Noel slipped Kelly a birthday card on the set of his Channel 4 show.
Inside, he wrote a message asking her to choose from the theatre, cinema, museum, dinner, lunch or 'other'.

Then he wrote his phone number - and scribbled: "Deal or no deal?"

Kelly said: "It was an amazing gesture that blew me away. I didn't imagine he could be so romantic."

A spokesman for Noel said: "It was just innocent romantic fun. It was just dinner dates.
"He did send her the note. But Noel is a single man and enjoys good company."

Romantic fun my arse - sounds like a dirty old man to me. But I suppose if Kelly's happy ...
I would say it was an abuse of his position but I'm sure we'll get some rude jokes about that!!